When requesting repeat prescription please use the requests slip from your previous prescription. If you wish you may send a stamped addressed envelope. For reasons of safety no requests will be taken by phone.
Patient Access - Online Prescriptions
We now offer our patients the use of a secure website on the Internet to:
- View and request repeat medication
- View, book, and cancel appointments
- View information from your care record.
Please come to the surgery and register for this service. You will need to bring in photo ID and a proof of your current address.
There are several ways to obtain your Repeat Prescriptions:
- At the Surgery – drop in the computerised request slip, please tick items required or complete the prescription request slip which is available at Reception. Please allow 2 full working says for the prescription to be processed from the time we receive it.
- Apply Online – if you have already registered for this service, click on Order Repeat Prescriptions Online. If you wish to join this service, please ring the surgery, order your online registration form and arrange to collect this for your use.
- By Post – tick the relevant medication using the computerised request slip attached to your last prescription. We can post your repeat prescription to you if you send us a stamped addressed envelope. Please allow up to 5 working days before you receive the prescription.
- With a Pharmacy – please arrange with a local Pharmacy to come and drop your repeat prescription and then pick it up from us once is has been processed.
- Via Email – send your prescription request to email@example.com
There will be a charge incurred for issuing private prescriptions. Please view our link to Non NHS charges.
Please remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Electronic Prescription Service
EPS What does this mean for you?
If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time. You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop. You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be ready before you arrive.
Is this service right for you?
Yes, if you have a stable condition and you:
- don’t want to go to your GP practice every time to collect your repeat prescription.
- collect your medicines from the same place most of the time.
No, if you:
- don’t get prescriptions very often.
- pick up your medicines from different places.
- travel or work away from home a lot.
How can you use EPS?
You need to choose a place for your GP practice to electronically send your prescription to. This is called nomination. You can choose:
- a pharmacy.
- a dispensing appliance contractor (if you use one).
- your dispensing GP practice (if you are eligible).Ask your chosen pharmacy that offers EPS to add your nomination for you. You don’t need a computer to do this.
We have recently started to change regular repeat prescriptions for some patients to Repeat Dispensing. Please click here to read the leaflet for further information on Repeat Dispensing. We are doing this to save you time to come to the surgery to request your repeats and for the Doctor to issue them every two months. Repeat dispensing can only be done on medication which the Doctor is happy to issue in bulk and can be done for regular intervals up to 12 months.